1) Make sure when naming shots, always use three numbers (Sc 8o would be 080).
2) Use the scene number to label your VFX shots for easy locating.
3) When naming multiple shots with in a scene, you should label each shot in increments of 10.
- Let's say you have 5 shots in Scene 80, your shots, in sequence order, would be - 080x010, 080x020, 080x030, 080x040, o80x050.
- You spot a new shot in between 080x020 and 080x030...the new shot would be 080x025. Let's say there is one more between 080x025 and 080x030, you could do 080x028...so on and so forth.